Meeting Date/Time: 05/22/2018
Kraig Sutherland , Marjorie Tedder, Tammy Degroot, Greg Shinn, Janet Laut
Doug Pratt opened with devotion and prayer
Minutes approved from last meeting
PASTOR REPORT: None, on vacation
PRINCIPAL REPORT: None
TREASURERS’ REPORT: (Greg Shinn)
• Reviewed statement of Income/Expenses for the Building fund and operations.
(see attached reports dated April 30th, 2018)
• Waiting until this fall to discuss budget, after we have a better idea of enrollment and what other revenues look like.
• Averaging $30,000/mo. in tithes. Down $70,000 to $80,000/yr. in tithes, hoping for this to turn around after new pastor starts.
• Expenses are down, which helps.
• Motion to Approve Treasurers’ Report.
Elders/Call Committee (Doug Pratt)
• Pastor Constein visited last week and found a couple of houses in the area.
• Jamie gave Pastor Constein an Itinerary.
• Getting quotes for moving. Doug offered to assist with moving.
• Pastor Foss’s last day is June 3rd with a potluck dinner, Elders are buying chicken and everyone is bringing a dish.
• Pastor Constein’s first week is June 17th as a guest pastor.
• June 24th is the installation at 3pm. With no brunch because of the lack of time. Will do a welcome dinner at another time.
• Collecting money to purchase gift for Pastor Foss.
Christion Outreach: (Janet Laut)
• BBQ’s going forward
• Darlene Detring has quilts to be given to Police and Fire Departments..
• World mission: To buy coffee from farmers in South America.
• Local mission: To form “St. Paul servants of God” to help persons needing assistance with work around their house that will include community people as well. Will tie this into our youth group.
Christian Studies: (Cathy Jarvis)
• Still need new members
• On schedule for VBS, looking for more teachers
• Doing Power Point Presentation of VBS to show congregation.
• Swim Party last day of VBS.
• Having older children help with VBS
• Blue Church bags have been updated
• Greg Shinn has volunteered to be the High School Youth Leader
• Kraig Sutherland recommends talking to trustees (Todd Smith) about Youth Group House.
Christian Life: (Margie Tedder)
• Potluck after church for Pastor Foss, everyone brings a dish
• Date to have Pastor Constein’s welcome dinner, maybe August. Going to ask pastor when would be good for him.
• Would like to send out letter to congregation about new pastor, possibly a flyer using bulk rate.
Christion Education: (Greg Shinn sitting in for Sally)
• End of year was successful
• Working on salaries
No Council meeting or regular All Boards meetings in June.
• Need Jr. High Youth Leader
• Eileen Jones has Bible study group. Waiting for Pastor Constein before starting any new Bible studies.
• No Sunday School June 3r,d, instead will have send off for Pastor Foss.