Meeting Date/Time: 11/19/2019
Mark Jones, Pat Klaus, Marsha Buckley, Margie Tedder, Leslie Jones, Nancy Kreckler, Pastor Constien
OPENING DEVOTIONS: Pastor gave opening devotions
Minutes revised/approved from previous month -
• See Attached sheet and also included is Elders Retreat
• Boards need to think about what our needs are for members.
• Have been running deficit since 2012 on the Concordia Plan. Shared steps with representative on how we were fixing the problem and he was happy with what we were doing.
• Reforming finance committee to include people from a couple of different boards.
COMMENT: Mrs. Buckley mentioned church members aren’t familiar with Concordia Services and what it is exactly. Tami Propst was commended for working to get Concordia Paid.
• There has been a wonderful response from members in helping to alleviate the problem paying Concordia Plan.
• Pastor said we need a realistic budget without running a deficit.
Question: Food, is anyone doing soup and sandwich before advent services?
Answer: High School waiting to be asked to do food for services.
Question: Gary needs a list of who is on boards and how many should be on the Boards
Answer: Constitution says 6 plus 1 chairman is required on all boards.
B. Principal- no report
• See Attached operating expense sheet dated 10/31/2019 that also includes a comparison sheet.
• Noticed adjustment to Going Beyond amount to correct total.
Mrs. Buckley commented: Will be happy when we get a finance committee to over see different finance decisions.
A. Board of Elders:
• We are visiting quite a few people
• Board of Finance working hard to get together
• Elders taking active participation in church
• One of Elders Goal is to get more people involved.
• Elders are in constant prayer for the church.
B. Board of Christian Studies:
• We need new members
• Discussed money issues
• Bought goody bags for Shut-Ins, putting them together this weekend.
• Sent $100.00 to Emmanuel, spent $23.00 for coffee
• Having Christmas program on December 22, with practice during Sunday School on December 1st, 8th and 15th
• Our new Youth leaders are Jamie Montgomary and Elizabeth Constien, and Mr. Murray Is leading the Senior Youth.
• Pastor wants Christian Studies to reach out to the Youth leaders
C. Board of Christian Outreach:
• Had a good turnout of H the SEMO Family Violence coat drive.
• Doing Thanksgiving and Christmas Baskets
• Bell ringing in December for Minstrel Alliance
• Doing one item a month for food items
D. Board of Christian Life:
• The 145th Year Celebration will be April 19th 2020, with a Pot luck dinner for the School. Faculty is doing some organizing
• Thought was not to have church Saturday to move people to Sunday for Celebration.
• Will be using people from each committee to help.
• Need speakers and lots of stuff to do. At the 125th Celebration they had tents set up, closed the street and fed over 400 people.
E. Board of Finance- No report
F. Board of Trustees-No report
G. Board of Christian Education-No report
• Has a lot of information included
• Trying to decide what to include, boards, and everything about church?
• Do we want to publish phone numbers?
Pastor suggested just to include list of boards and member information
Pipe Organ Repair
• Repairs were completed today
• Took 6 years to complete
• Having Recital December 29th with refreshments following the recital
• Need 2 elders to help
• 4 guest organist are coming
• Happening on Anniversary of Jim’s passing
• Thank you for all the help raising the money
• Asking for approval for recital to dedicate the organ
• Is there enough insurance for organ valued at $350,000.00?
• Eric Spiker approached Pat Rausch about doing a Chrisken Market that would include crafts, ornaments and gifts for Christmas.
• Have spoke with 18 to 20 vendors so far.
• How to provide electricity for vendors
• Who would you talk with to get updated electrical for 2nd Advent weekend of 2020 from 5 to 10 pm.
IV. Closed with The Lord’s Prayer