Meeting Date/Time: 09/25/2018
Doug Pratt, Margie Tedder,
, Janet Laut, Steve Thomas, Amy Jarrett, Heather Kurtz
Pastor Constien, Mr. Murray
OPENING DEVOTIONS: Psalm 54: 4-7
Minutes revised/approved from previous month
• Adult training, 13 new members
• October 21st, 2018 Reception at 10:30 (No Sunday School)
• Panara Night 20% of proceeds
• Pinkout game Sept.28th with St. Joe
• We have 2 floats in Homecoming Parade
• Kids sing after 10/06 Service before Octoberfest
• New Website up and running
• Leona Johnson hosting website
• Foundation page up?
• Quanas gave us $100.00 of time on radio
• New washer and dryer should be in by tomorrow, saves us $800.00 in towel services
• 8th grade asked to serve at the Help the Hungry BBQ
• OCC goal of 200 boxes for a cost of $1800.00 for shipping, Mr Murray sleeping on roof if we make the $1800.00 cost. Grandparents day should help.
• Doesn’t have anything to debate
• Mrs. Marsha Buckley could be new treasurer, but she needs a front person. Doug said Kraig Sutherland would do that and also finance committee.
• Finance is who decides and treasurer handles the administration duties.
• Need people that are vested. We count on Foundation and Auction to help support operations, tithes and contributions doesn’t cover our cost. Stewardship is needed. Greg suggests a discussion on having a Good Stewardship committee.
• New people chosen for the Finance Committee are:
1. Ross Gordan
2. Ron Rougley (Advisory)
3. John Boyd
4. Andy Buchanan
Doug said, Lutheran Brotherhood (stewardship Committee) would set up an annuity for the church. Anticipating thithes to increase.
II. Meeting Summaries
A. Board of Elders
Jason Garner new elder and that was it. Elders offer to stand in for pastor.
B. Board of Christian Studies Not here
C. Board of Christian Outreach: Not here
D. Board of Christian Life:
• October 21st doing brunch for new members
• October 28th having Reformation Potluck
• October 4th Memorial Dinner in Church Basement. Pastor suggested getting both classes together.
• October 20th Country Store
E. Board of Finance: Nothing
F. Board of Trustees:
• Planning meeting, Ceth and Trustees communicating, Ceth given a list of things that need to be done.
• Air Conditioners doing great\
• Mr. Murray asked trustees for a programable temperature gage for gym.
G. Board of Christian Education: Not hear
Octoberfest $5000.00 in Sponsors, Bands lined up, Food being catered 15 vendor lined up, Having car show, 100 cars, parking, going to shuttle, petting zoo and pony rides, photobooth, games 3 food trucks, tents w/chandeliers, SIGN CO on corner of 32 and Karsch has big ad, Radio spot, selling advanced tickets, we need kitchen help, quilts being raffled of, 50/50, set up Friday afternoon, takedown n Sunday morning, need 15 more volunteers.
• Doug is looking at the rental of commons and church basement, has researched area to get a good price for facilities. Floor is a sports floor not a multipurpose. There are extra floor boards stored at Krekelers.
• We have been quoted $32,000.00 for Bleachers, need to do New Bleachers on Summer Break.
• Getting started on communications.
• has proposal for new steps for front of church for $40,000.00.
• Helping home bound persons, getting group together to help these people.
• Global missions.
• Senior youth getting started.