Meeting Date/Time: 10/23/2017
Sally Shinn,, Jenny Schweiss, , Heather Jo Hawkins, Bobbi Karraker, Kenny Allen, and Seth Pegram, Bethan Petty(via Phone)
Parent Input: None
Faculty Input: Need to revise Mrs. Eaves schedule so that she has more availability for reading resource.
Triple C: Wrapping paper fundraiser finalized and anticipating about $4000 profit, will be hosting trunk or treat at school parking lot on 10/27/17 following the downtown Farmington Trick or Treating – will be asking for candy donations from parents and volunteers for trunks, will be assisting with veterans day by providing the decorations.
Athletics: Soccer season finished this past weekend. Volleyball conference tournament this week. Currently working on basketball sign ups, probably will be having some form of two teams for both boys A and B, girls teams will have one A and one B. Possibly need to look into developing a policy for next year about game and practice absences resulting from students playing on multiple teams/leagues concurrently with the school soccer season.
Auction: To encourage students to sell first choice raffle tickets the auction committee would like to consider offering one month free tuition to whoever sold the winning ticket.
School Operating Budget: on budget, no updates.
Auction Funds: On budget, no updates.
Cafeteria Report: Just had a health inspection on 10/23 and passed with an outstanding score.
Delinquent Families: Currently 7 families are behind in payments for the 2017-2018 school year, letters have been sent again by Dustin Murray. Will follow up with formal legal letters if no response.
• Current enrollment is 284 (229 K-8 and 55 in preschool, gained one 8th grader since last meeting.)
• Will be looking for a few staff members to set up a committee to create an account where the school will be able to assist school families who have an unexpected need due to a medical issue or unexpected life circumstance. Considering doing a penny wars to initially fund it, offering staff dress down days with a small payment, chapel offerings, etc.
• Working with staff on implementing some bench marking.
• Packed 202 Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes on 10/13/17.
• 8th Grade students assisted the Help the Hungry BBQ by car hopping on 10/13/17.
• Holding character education assemblies the first Friday of every month. Each grade is taking a character trait and taking turns presenting. Teachers are looking for kids throughout the month who demonstrate that character trait and recognizing them at the assembly.
• Mike Bliss fundraiser schedule for 11/2/17, tickets on sale in office now. Fundraiser for NLSW in 2018.
• 7th and 8th grade will be taking a trip to Saxony on 11/1 to hear a motivational speaker.
• Veterans Day breakfast scheduled for 11/10 followed by an assembly in the gym.
• Security Cameras: Back door glass on order. Security cameras still not installed. Will follow up with Blake Roberts Alarm.
• Social Media: working with foundation on creating a new school website and encompassing umbrella social media outlet.
• Achievement Test Scores: - scores reviewed for the entire school and students scored higher than the 50% goal in all categories and far exceeded this in most.