Meeting Date/Time: 10/15/2019
Pastor Constien, Margie Tedder, Marsha Buckley, Brad Detring, Greg Shinn, Gary Cooper, Mark Jones, Eric Spiker, Tammy DeGroot
OPENING DEVOTIONS: Pastor started with prayer
Minutes revised/approved from previous month - Approved
Pastor’s: See Attached report
• We have 237 students
• October 27th is Trunk or Treat
Question: What organization does Trunk or Treat?
Answer: Triple C
• Staff went to LEA Convocation
• Veteran’s Day Celebration is November 11th
• November 17th Drama Department is having play “Under the Big Top”
• A Volleyball Team going to State November 8,9,10.
• Had special meeting for finance as discussed in last meeting
• Bereavement fund is part of endowment.
• Gym floor account has $1600.00, decided to keep that account active to maintain the floor.
• Country Store/Organ fund was hoping we could use it, but not possible, balance is needed for maintenance.
• There are a couple of special funds that could be moved to general funds totaling $3700.00.
• Including in Prophet the amount we need to taking in verses what we are actually receiving.
• Jamie found a “Going Beyond” letter and will be sending out a reminder of what we have promised.
• Pastor mentioned we have one more “push” due from LCEF,
A. Board of Elders
• Pastor asked for an 11:00am and an evening Advent Service, and it was approved.
• Had special meeting to develop plans:
1. Come to agreement of mission for school/church.
2. Lifting up boards and ask new people to serve on boards
B. Board of Christian Studies:
• Working on the Christmas Program.
• Youth Group just had a bonfire at the Jordan’s.
• Senior Youth has a donation of a Flat Screen TV to the White House.
C. Board of Christian Outreach:
• Octoberfest broke even
• October 23rd is a work day from 12:30 to 3:00.
• Doing the SEMO Family Violence Coat Drive\
• Also having a Toy Drive
• Will be doing Community meals in November
D. Board of Christian Life:
• Helping with Octoberfest
• Working on details for All Saints Day
G. Board of Christian Education:
• Did not have a way for people to know what comes after words on board policy regarding the change for the meeting times.
Church Directory needs to have more work done on it.
Add 15 minutes more to council meeting to be 7:15pm
VI. Pastor Constien closed with reading from Romans 3:19-28.88
: To change the time for Church Council meeting from 6:00 to 7:00 on the 3rd Tuesday of the month and change the time for All Boards from 6:30 to 6:00 on the 3rd Tuesday of the month.- Approved