Meeting Date/Time: 04/17/2018
Sally Shinn, Jenny Schweiss, Sara Bieser, Seth Pegram, Bobbi Karraker, Dustin Murray, Kenny Allen. Elizabeth Jordan and Heather Jo Hawkins joined via phone.
Heather and Chris Jordan
Sally Shinn welcomed the board and introduced visitors to the board. Dustin Murray opened the meeting in prayer.
Chris and Heather Jordan were present and expressed their concerns with the reputation of the school.
Parent Input: Various board members gave parent input.
Faculty Input: none
Triple C: Triple C report given by Jenny Schweiss. New officers for the 2018-2019 school year are Alison Sprung – President, Tricia Smith – Vice President, Laura Murray – Treasurer, Sara Bieser – Secretary. Currently finishing up an Avon fundraiser.
Athletics: Kenny Allen presented the athletic report. Currently working with the conference on the 2018-2019 schedules. Will be sending out a possible “tentative” interest form to students to start planning for the next school year/coaches.
Auction: Auction update given by Sally Shinn. Still looking for chairs for 2018/2019. Currently working on collecting donations for upcoming auction. Need all volunteers!
School Accounting: Budget updates given by Dustin Murray.
School Operating Budget: School account currently has a balance of $45, 619.
Auction Funds: Current balance as of 04/13/2018 is $9597.26
Cafeteria Report: Current balance of $21,484.67.
Delinquent Families: Currently 6 families are behind in payments for the 2017-2018 school year. Dustin is working with these families on getting their accounts current.
Principals Report: - report given by Dustin Murray
• Enrollment for the 2018/2019 school year is 172 for K-8 and 57 for preschool for a total enrollment of 229.
• Elementary Library – New librarians will be Kay Thurman and Cathy Jarvis. Bev Hovis is retiring at the end of the 2017/2018 school year.
• Achievement testing will be 04/23-04/27/2018
• 05/14/2018 is Field Day at Engler Park for grades K-8. Chapel family games, picnic lunch, snow cones and other fun activities are planned. Will be asking for parent drivers and using the High School bus to transport kids without a parent driver. Will do pick up from Engler Park and those without a driver will be bused back to the school for normal pickup.
• 05/15/2018 is graduation for Kindergarten and 8th grade
• 05/16/2018 is the closing chapel service
Old Business: - report given by Dustin Murray
• Tuition Management: still looking at options for the 2018/2019 school year. Looking at the options with Fast Direct.
• Anti-Bully Policy – will discuss at May Meeting.
New Business: - report given by Dustin Murray
• Graduation: - Kenny Allen and Bobbi Karraker will be present to present diplomas.